Monday, May 11, 2009

Dealing With Deat

Dealing With Death

I like to think you never really deal with death, rather it deals with you. You have no control over it, only the time and manner. Dealing with the death of a loved one seems the hardest thing in the world. You don’t really understand what sadness really is or it’s depth until you have experienced the death of a close one. Taken away and never to return.

OK sure, depending on your religious belief you may think a number of things may be going on. I think the one where everyone is in white and hangs around on a cloud is the hardest to believe. I this much, we are all stardust and death does not change this.

In fact, it’s not death or what happens at death that’s the weird thing, it’s why the hell we are alive in the first place. I suppose I could pick a religion that is the closest to my belief and then take comfort in that, but then what if it’s not the right one. I mean there are so many to pick from, pagen, christian, jewish, animist, islamic. Have I really got time to check them all out to find the right one? Then there are different splinters within the religion, last count there was about 1,600 different Christian religions.

If God exists, do you think she has made it deliberately difficult?

jayant singh
pgdm IIIrd

No comments:

Post a Comment