Tuesday, November 17, 2009

SPITITUAL GROWTH

SPIRITUAL GROWTH (a part of life recovery)
An addiction driven bottom as evidenced by the dramatic decay to my closest personal relationships caused me to seek a dramatic change in the way I lived. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired and was empty inside. There are questions on my web site (www.hopeserenity.ca) that helped me to realise I really had a problem.
Although my journey started through marriage counselling and an addiction expert, I have found that most of the clients I work with are just like me- OK on the outside; lacking self-love and self-confidence on the inside. Can you relate?
Over the years of chance, I have found that there is a lot more to life recovery than just one thing. To get an abundant life, I required a "holistic" approach, and over time, this has evolved into what I call "the Co-Creative (created by more than just me) Process of Life Recovery.
In starting my journey, I was devoid of any spiritual (far different than religious) component in my life. A part of co-creative recovery is spiritual growth, and the misconception that many have about spirituality stops many from achieving the life they want.
I was reminded of this by my mentor, Dr. Randin Brons in his Idea Engineer. Randin on spiritual growth:

"The 4 D's of spiritual growth"

"Strive to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for hate, and too courageous to be fearful. In short, to be happy." -- Unknown Source

Reflect on this pathway for meaningful growth:

DISCIPLINE - To create change in our lives, we need to consistently focus on what we want.

DETACHMENT - Practice the art of detached observation. Let go of automatic defences and patterns.

DISCERNMENT - Seek to discern the lower from the higher. What is self-serving and what is soul-inspired? Discernment carries no judgment. There are no goods and bads. Remain as a detached witness.

DHARMA - This is an East Indian word meaning "living your unique purpose." How do you find meaning and fulfillment in ways that are natural to you? How do you best serve and contribute to the world?

"If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears."
In understanding and practising a spiritual component in my life daily, I have been able to grow in ways I cannot believe. It is amazing how things that used to baffle me are now an intuitive part of life and the burdens of daily living and actually taking action are now a part of my life, not a burden!

No comments:

Post a Comment